Have you ever heard that synthetic motor oil will cause high mileage engines to leak because the molecules are so small that they will migrate through cracks in older seals? Maybe a buddy of a buddy told you that using synthetic motor oils required a different type of oil filter?
Ok, it’s true. As car enthusiasts, we get a lot of our information from each other. It’s the old “monkey see-monkey do” adage at work.
We got tired of taking advice from monkeys so we started looking around for information that was proven, either scientifically or on the track. When it came to finding out more about motor oils, we happen to find a nifty page on Royal Purple’s website. You can check out the “Frequently asked Questions” page from Royal Purple by clicking here.
Lets take a quick quiz and see if you know the answers to some of the questions that are resolved by the crew at Royal Purple:
- Can I put Royal Purple in my brand new car?
- How many miles can I go between oil changes in vehicles that use gasoline?
- How many miles can I go between oil changes in vehicles that use diesel oil?
- Can synthetic motor oil be used in older engines?
- Does Royal Purple motor oils contain Zinc and Phosphorous?
- Can Royal Purple motor oil be used with flat tappet cams?
- Does Royal Purple’s product prices rise and fall with gasoline prices?
These questions will give you an idea of the information that you can find on the question and answer page, but it’s not limited to street cars and diesel engines, it’s not even limited to motor oil. The FAQ page also contains information and answers for questions on oil filters, Marine applications, Motorcycle issues, and our favorite, Racing Facts.
There’s also sections that cover rotary engine and transmission questions. Pretty much the whole drivetrain…including a special section on Purple Ice, the coolant additive that keeps the engine temps down.
Give up the “monkey see-monkey do” approach to car care and start digging in to the proven facts. We’ll get you started by putting you on the Royal Purple road. Visit them here: www.royalpurple.com